It can be easy to overlook the regular maintenance and servicing of any household appliance, especially when it is working well. However, just as you service your vehicle and take it for a yearly MOT, ensuring that you have your boiler serviced annually can greatly enhance the life of your boiler and save you from unexpected expensive repair bills.
It’s also worth remembering that many manufacturers insist that boilers are serviced annually in order to comply with their warranty. So if you have invested in a new boiler, it’s important to keep an up-to-date service record just in case you experience any issues further down the line.
Keeping Your Boiler Safe and Efficient
A boiler which isn’t working properly can be dangerous. And a dangerous boiler can kill. Keeping it well maintained goes a long way towards minimising the risks of your appliance developing potentially dangerous faults.
So What Happens During A Boiler Service?
It’s understandable to want to question what happens during a boiler service, especially if it seems to be working perfectly fine. Here is a brief guide as to what you can expect when you call in trained experts in boiler servicing in Gloucester such as http://www.hprservicesltd.com/gloucester-boilers/boiler-service-gloucester.
1. The engineer with firstly check that the boiler and its controls are all functioning as they should. They will also look for any signs of damage, leaks or weak points.
- The boiler casing unit will be removed in order to check the internal components.
3. A gas pressure check will be conducted to ensure the boiler is operating at the correct gas pressure.
4. A flue test will be carried out to check that your boiler is not giving off any dangerous emissions.
5. Your boiler will then be cleaned and sealed back in its case before the engineer leaves you with a report about the work that has been carried out. They will be able to service your boiler in line with the manufacturer’s requirements and offer you advice on how you can help to keep everything running smoothly between services.
It is really important that you never attempt any work on your boiler yourself. Servicing, repairs and installations should only be carried out by Gas Safe registered engineers.
Having a warm home is a basic need. Regular boiler servicing can help ensure we have one all year round.